Doing good things for others is important to many people. If helping people benefit from expert medical care and lifesaving research is your goal, you can choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center as your partner to make a difference for generations to come.
Be a part of the Medical Center community
Making a gift in your will to Vanderbilt University Medical Center allows you to support the causes that are important in your life. As a partner in the Medical Center's mission you can have full confidence knowing your gift will be used as you intend.
Here is suggested language to insert in your will. Please share it with your estate planning adviser as well:
- I give the sum of $____ [or ___ percent of my estate] to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, a not-for-profit corporation located at 1211 Medical Center Drive in Nashville, Tennessee, tax ID number 35-2528741, to be used for...
You can designate your gift for many purposes:
- Greatest Needs at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Research at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
- Training and support of medical residents and fellows
- Medical research
- Patient care
- Any other area(s) of your choosing
If you have made a gift to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in your will or trust, you can notify us by downloading and filling out this form.
Honor a family member
Do you have someone in your family, living or deceased, with a connection to the Medical Center? Someone who would have appreciated your support? You can make a tribute gift in your will by naming that family member and noting that your gift is being made in their honor.
There are several other ways to support the Medical Center with gift planning, including through:
- an amendment to your will or revocable trust
- a retirement plan beneficiary designation
- naming Vanderbilt University Medical Center the beneficiary of your life insurance plan
- a donor advised fund or private foundation succession plan
- Download our Estate Planning Guide